Tender Lions tells how to take the necessary steps to build a healthy relationship in such a way that days of fear, isolation and frustration can be transformed into a deep and meaningful relationship with love, joy and trust restored.
Boys who are raised without their fathers are at risk. The research data shows significant problems for these young men in many areas (school dropouts, teen pregnancy, behavioral disorders, violence, drug, alcohol, and pornography addictions, homelessness, runaways, imprisonment, depression and suicides). By changing the way even one father relates to his son, they will become better men, which in turn leads to a healthier family and a stronger society.
Tender Lions includes six interviews with fathers who have unique and powerful tips about their father and son journey. The book concludes with a study guide ideal for small group discussion.
Topics Such As
- why developing roots and rituals with your son is so important
- why a real tender lion needs to be both fierce and gentle
- why unconditional love is more important than a competitive spirit
- how to talk about sex
- making good choices
- the importance of being vulnerable
- practical advice about money
- why failure is important